Beginners Tasco 66TR Refractor for sale

Moderator: SAC Committee

tadywankenobi

Beginners Tasco 66TR Refractor for sale

Post by tadywankenobi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi there folks,

I've an old Tasco 66TR Refractor in the attic of my parents place for years. Checked it out last time I was home and it's all good. To be honest, was never really used that much. I got a lot of fun looking at the planets, craters on the moon and the odd binary system as a kid. I'd love it to go to a good home. It'd be ideal for a beginner or someone with a young budding astronomer starting out. Comes with everything:

50mm/f600mm
20mm, 12.5mm and either a 9mm or 4mm eyepiece
1.5x Barlow
2x Barlow
Right angle adapter
Spotting scope (can't remember, think it's 10x)
Sun filter
Tripod
I'm pretty sure there's still a manual in there too!

€70 ono.

Fully boxed (including aerobord!) in it's original condition. Photo of the kit here:

http://cl.ly/image/1s0V1q1B3V27

Should really have taken a photo of the inside, but trust me, it's in great nick. Frank will box me if I lead anyone astray!

I no longer live in Ireland, so if you're interested, let me know. It's at my parents place in Clonlara just outside Limerick.

Cheers folks,

T

Frank Ryan

Post by Frank Ryan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:54 am

Welcome to the boards Tady! :D
Great to see you finally on here.
How're the skies in France these days? Better than here I bet.

tadywankenobi

Post by tadywankenobi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Cheers Frank!

All good here. Skies are pretty damn grey here and of course, missing the fact that there's so much aurora activity over Ireland at the moment. Working hard to pick up a new scope and ccd. Fantastic scope shop 45 min drive from me here in Lorient. Had a visit when I was passing last and vowed to set things right for myself!!! If anyone over there is ever interested in anything from them, let me know and I can pick it up!

www.astronome.fr

Talk to ya soon!

T