Limerick Leader coverage of Lunar Eclipse 20/21 Feb 2008

Moderator: SAC Committee

Conn Buckley

Limerick Leader coverage of Lunar Eclipse 20/21 Feb 2008

Post by Conn Buckley » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:33 pm

I only got a look at this weekend's Limerick Leader a short while ago and I am pleased with the coverage/publicity they gave.
Have a look at Page 4 in the features section. They used the 430 word script we presented and just as importantly, they used both the images I sent in -- one by Dave and the other by Frank with due credit to both of the lads. The image reproductions were fair sized, but as usual newspaper reproductions do not do justice to the originals (sorry Frank, you did offer a print quality image but i had already submitted the material at that stage).
May I ask if anybody gets a good image of the Wed/Thur Eclipse could you send it to me asap --- we just might get it published in the late editions that come out on Friday or they might publish it in the 'small Leader' on Monday evening.

Dave Lillis

Post by Dave Lillis » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:44 pm

I had a look at the L. Leader and they gave the article and images a great slot, fair play to them. Perfect publicity for the eclipse and club.
If I get any images, I'll forward them on to you ASAP, although the weather might be working against us.

BTW, did you ask them why they dropped the club logo ? would they prefer a more neater or hi-tec looking logo or is it a space on the page thing ?
Dave L. on facebook, See my images in flickr
Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me, but what a way to go. :)

Frank Ryan

Post by Frank Ryan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:34 am

Class.
I haven't seen it.
I wonder do they have an online version like the post?
Conn, I'll be making my was to the Burren for it.
If I get any shot (Hoping to get another timelapse one over the Dolmen)
I'll send it on.