SAC PR piece in Limerick Independent

Moderator: SAC Committee

Conn Buckley

SAC PR piece in Limerick Independent

Post by Conn Buckley » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Congratulations Conan on a very fine piece in this week's Limerick Independent (page 12). You certainly gave a good description of what Astronomy is about and how it is for everybody. I do hope that the public appreciate what a great opportunity the 'Free observing sessions' on April 2/5 are and plenty of people turn up. Clear skies for those dates!
It is very timely that your piece is in the Limerick Independent because in the Limerick Post this week is a large advertisement from AI for Astronomy classes in UL --- 8 classes cost 180 Euro. Interestingly they are offering 2 free places to the 'winners' of a competition. The competition question is: What planet in the solar system is famous for its rings? Everyone knows that Uranus is the answer to this so they should get plenty of replies :wink:
Again, well done.

Dave Lillis

Post by Dave Lillis » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Excellent stuff Conan, the article looks the business !!!
Hitting all the points well, including the clubs free observing sessions and the starparty.
As for the AI add, good luck to them with their commercial venture.
Dave L. on facebook, See my images in flickr
Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me, but what a way to go. :)

Frank Ryan

Post by Frank Ryan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am

Excellent interview Conan.
You covered everything eloquently and are doing some great work in your new role as PRO for the club.
Heres to hoping we can pull off a miracle with the weather next month for the public observing sessions.
Nicely done again.

Conan Mc Donnell

Post by Conan Mc Donnell » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks guys.

Good to hear from you Conn..! :D
Conan Mc Donnell

Committee member

Shannonside Astronomy club

stephen gleeson

Post by stephen gleeson » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Got a chance to read youre article yesterday you hit just the perfect tone, I loved its relaxed style and it very nicely covered all of the important points and effectly served as a counterpoint to our close friends in AI. Congratulations , let us move now to a weather permitting successful public IYA obs session next month, what plans do you have in mind for ths ?